Thursday, October 25th
Justice for the Holy Land Five!
Release the Five Now!
Thursday, October 25, 2012
4:45pm until 7:00pm in EDT
Jacob K. Javits Federal Office Building – 26 Federal Plaza
26 Federal Plaza, New York, New York 10278
Join Noor Elashi (daughter of HLF defendant Ghassan Elashi) & Members of the Center for Constitutional Rights for a press conference and rally supporting the Holy Land Five. See http://freedomtogive.com/
For over 5 years, 5 Palestinian Americans, known as “The Holy Land 5” have languished in Federal Prison. Victims to the ever-growing over-reach of counter-terrorism programs, the five were prosecuted under vague material support claims for their public philanthropic and charitable work to support children in Gaza each are serving between 15 and 65 years in Federal Prison. Ghassan Elashi is currently held in a secretive Federal Prison Program called the Communications Management Unit at USP Marion, IL.
The U.S. Supreme Court is expected to conference on a ruling regarding the Holy Land 5 this upcoming Friday or Monday. This is their very last legal remedy outside of a presidential pardon. Your support is needed to drive home the importance of a restorative ruling in this case.
The press conference will be accompanied by a rally before & after, please invite everyone you know.
For more info visit http://sparrowmedia.net/
RALLY WITH SUPPORT FROM:
- Committee to Stop FBI Repression
- Free the Holy Land Five/Freedom to Give
- United National Anti-war Coalition
- Defending Dissent Foundation
- International Action Center
- National Lawyers Guild of Washington DC
- Students for a Democratic Society
- Project SALAM (Support and Legal Advocacy for Muslims)
- Labor for Palestine
- New York City Labor Against the War
- Al-Awda New York: The Palestine Right to Return Coalition