Friday, June 30th
800 2nd Ave (btw 42nd & 43rd Sts.)
New York, NY
March to UN
47th St. and 2nd Ave
(Join demonstrators here if arriving after 6:00 p.m.)
Demonstrators will call for an end to the invasion, an end to U.S. aid to Israel, freedom for the eight thousand Palestinian political prisoners in Israeli jails, and the right of the world’s more than six million Palestinian refugees to return to their homes, from which they were expelled in 1948. Called by Al-Awda New York, the New York Chapter of the National Council of Arab-Americans, ANSWER, the International Action Center, and other organizations.
In the past weeks, Israeli attacks in Gaza have killed dozens of Palestinians and wounded many more. On June 27, Israeli troops invaded Gaza, destroying water and electricity supplies. In addition, 64 members of the democratically elected Palestinian Legislative Council have been taken prisoner in arrest sweep incursions.
Al-Awda calls upon the international community, Palestine solidarity activists and groups, Arab Community Organization including Community centres, mosques and churches, to demand:
- Breaking the Siege on the Palestinian people in West Bank and Gaza
- The protection of civilian lives and property, as stipulated in International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law.
- The immediate release all political Prisoners, including all elected representatives of the Palestinian people.
- The support Palestinian Refugees in Gaza Strip with Financial and Material support
- The end of the Israeli Occupation, Apartheid and war crimes
- Immediate Reparations and Compensation for the destruction by the Israeli Army in Gazawater supply and destruction of the power grid to more than half the population of Gaza. Repair of the grid will take months to complete and cost many millions.