AL-AWDA-NY, THE PALESTINE RIGHT TO RETURN COALITION
WELCOMES YOU TO:
AN AFTERNOON FOR PALESTINE,
COMMEMORATE AL NAKBA, BUILD OUR RESISTANCE
SATURDAY, MAY 15, 2010 AT 1P.M.
MUSLIM AMERICAN SOCIETY YOUTH CENTER
1933 BATH AVE BROOKLYN NY (D/M TO 20th AVENUE STOP)
With: SPOKEN WORD ARTIST TAHANI SALAH, PALESTINE JEOPARDY, YOUTH TALENT, POETRY, EDUCATION AND ORGANIZING FOR PALESTINE ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF AL NAKBA
62 YEARS OF ISRAELI OCCUPATION, STILL BUILDING FOR LIBERATION: AN AFTERNOON FOR PALESTINE
“Our Old do not die and our Young shall never forget.” — Al-Awda-NY
For 62 years, Palestinians have lived in exile and occupation, comprising the oldest and largest refugee population that daily grows as Israelis continue to ethnically cleanse Palestine from its native people. For 62 years Palestinians and Arabs across the Arab world have fought to resist the Zionist policies of the Israeli government and its supporters.
As we near the 62nd anniversary of, Al-Nakba, the Zionist Israeli Occupation and Colonization of Palestine, Al-Awda-NY calls on friends of Palestine to join Al-Awda in commemorating the suffering of the Palestinian People, to celebrate Arab resistance, and to build the movement for a Free Palestine.
Join Al-Awda-NY on Saturday May 15, 2010 at 1p.m. for an afternoon of Poetry, Videos, a Game of Palestine Jeopardy, Youth Talent Show, and Organizing to strengthen our support for the liberation of Palestine and help the return of the Refugees.
For more information contact: email@example.com
To be part of the youth talent showcase, please contact: Dima Abisaab,Dima.firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUTH TALENT SHOW
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
May 15, 2010 marks the 62nd anniversary of the exile, ethnic cleansing and increasing occupation of Palestine. Al-Awda-NY will host an afternoon of Education, Culture and Organizing for Palestine, its people and our land.
In commemoration of our fallen Palestinian People and in celebration of Arab Resistance , Al-Awda-NY, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition of NY, is accepting submissions for the talent portion of the festival on Saturday, May 15, 2010 at 1 pm.
· The Talent Show is open to all Supporters of Palestine between the ages of 4 and 21 years.
· Submissions can be in any form: spoken word, small scale paintings, sketch, dance, song, musical, comedy and any other art form.
· The focus of the submission must be Palestine. For example the theme could be any of the following: ‘What It Means To Be Palestinian’; ‘What Palestine Means To Me’; ‘How I Maintain My Arab/Palestinian Heritage’, ‘Return to Palestine’, etc.
· The deadline for submissions is May 13, 2010. Those interested can email Lamis Deek at Lamisjd@aol.com , or Dima Abisaab atDima.email@example.com , or leave a message at (718) 228 8636 be sure to indicate your FULL NAME, PHONE NUMBER, THEME & TYPE OF SUBMISSION, & AGE.
· PLEASE NOTE: Although the deadline for this festival is May 13th, we will have similar events throughout the year, so if you are interested in participating or performing in future events please forward your information or leave a message.
All acceptable submissions will be showcased in the Hall, from the Stage or however you would like to have it showcased. We are anxious to hear from you and share your love for Palestine!